NATIONAL FOREST HOMEOWNERS
DEADLINE: December 31, 2016
NFH invites applications for a part-time Field Director to increase outreach efforts to cabin owners in the USFS recreation residence program. This position is responsible for organizing and directing the Cabin Outreach Program with a focus on increasing services to non-members.
Salary: $15,000 for 1/3 time (approx.13 hrs. per week). The Field Director will provide a home office. Some expenses, for example for travel, will be reimbursed with prior approval.
- NFH member with demonstrated commitment to the organization
- Passion for the cabin program
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter who can work on their own
- Demonstrated organizational ability
- Email/Database/Spreadsheet proficiency
- Recruit volunteer State Coordinators to establish a communication network
- Direct the work of the State Coordinators
- Work with the Membership Administrator to update the NFH database
- Develop good working relationships with appropriate USFS personnel
- Bring issues from the cabin community to the attention of the Board
- Submit monthly progress reports to the Board
The Field Director will report to the President and Board. To Apply: Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions may be addressed to:
NFH Mission Statement
National Forest Homeowners is a member-directed organization representing cabin owner recreation residence permittees on our national forests. NFH provides leadership, member information and assistance, and advocacy for continuation of all recreation residence cabins. It is dedicated to educating its members and others in sound science stewardship of our national forests.