NATIONAL FOREST HOMEOWNERS
CABIN OUTREACH PROGRAM
STATE COORDINATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
NFH seeks volunteers to serve as State Coordinators for a new Cabin Outreach Program. The purpose of the program is to provide a two-way communication network between the cabin community and NFH and to increase outreach to non-members.
- NFH member with demonstrated commitment to the organization
- Passion about the cabin program
- Excellent communication skills
- Email/Database/Spreadsheet proficiency
- Demonstrated organizational ability
- Establish an email network to communicate with all recreation residence permittees within the state
- Identify tract leaders in both member and non-member tracts
- Regularly provide information about the services and resources of NFH
- Communicate local issues to the Field Director
- Provide information about organizing a tract and the benefits of membership
- Develop good working relationships with appropriate USFS personnel
State Coordinators will report to the Field Director.
Some expenses, for example for travel, will be reimbursed with prior approval from the Field Director. To apply or for more information, please contact:
Sharon Leach, Executive Director
Jane Van Dyk, Task Force Chair
NFH MISSION STATEMENT
National Forest Homeowners is a member-directed organization representing cabin owner recreation residence permittees on our national forests. NFH provides leadership, member information and assistance, and advocacy for continuation of all recreation residence cabins. It is dedicated to educating its members and others
in sound science stewardship of our national forests.