9/21/2019
NFH Bend Fall Forum (Sunriver)

Multiple Cabin Ownership
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

4/19/2019 at 7:24:37 PM GMT
Multiple Cabin Ownership
I am looking at how to set up legal documents for ownership of our cabin. I own the cabin with 4 siblings, and am looking at strategies to pass off the cabin to the next generation as well as set up clear parameters for cabin use and responsibilities before any transfers occur. You have quite a bit of information on the website I would like to share with my attorney and writings seem to suggest you support that idea. How should I do that?

4/19/2019 at 11:32:51 PM GMT
Thank you for contacting NFH. As a member, you are welcome to share the documents posted on the NFH website with your attorney. The best method for sharing is sign-in to the website and choose Resources->Cabin Trusts & Multi-Ownership and on that page click on the Multi-Ownership Documents link. Place your cursor over the name of the document you wish to download, right click your mouse, and then use "save target as" to copy the document to your computer. You can then email the saved documents to your attorney. Most are in PDF format (read-only), but a couple of the documents are also posted in Word format, which allows them to be edited using MS Word.

4/20/2019 at 3:35:29 PM GMT
Thank you!

5/4/2019 at 6:37:13 PM GMT
And just to be super precise if others are reading this thread, multiple people can own a cabin, but currently the permit can only be in the name of an individual, married couple, or single asset trust.