Sign In

Latest News
Cabin Insurance Program - Non-Renewal
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

4/23/2020 at 3:59:43 PM GMT
Cabin Insurance Program - Non-Renewal

Has anyone had their cabin insurance cancelled through Assurance Risk Managers?  I got a certified letter last week from RiskSmith through Lloyds of London saying it won't be renewed in July due to "Carrier no longer offering program".

I called my rep, Parker Humes, and he said other people were getting the same letter and that he'd look into it.  That was over a week ago and I still haven't heard back.

4/23/2020 at 4:15:48 PM GMT
Insurance Cancelled?

On insurance cancellations, we spoke with Assurance Risk Managers (ARM) this week about this Lloyd's notification.  They are working on replacement insurance for anyone in the program whose policy is affected, and they should be reaching out to you soon.

The insurance industry is going through volatility from fires in 2018 to other catastrophes for the last several years. That is causing some to shift their coverage areas.

We are sincerely sorry for the disruption that these cancellation notices cause and one reason we are working with ARM is that they work through multiple carriers and don't have to rely on one carrier. 

Thanks for this question.  If you don't hear soon, contact me directly please.

Best Regards -
Sharon Leach, NFH Executive Director
sleach@nationalforesthomeowners.org

4/24/2020 at 2:14:06 PM GMT
Great! Thank you for the information and help!