Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join the NFH
Sign In

Latest News
General Questions/Discussions
1 | 2 |
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Transfer of Ownership Form 1 M. Randall The form to request a permit be issued to a new owner is the FS-2700-3a form. When selling, the prior owner completes the top section (Part I) of the “REQUEST FOR TERMINATION OF AND APPLICATION FOR SPECIAL USE PERMIT”. Then, you provide the original form filled out with the property conveyance document (your legal counsel should know what document to provide) to the Forest Service to request termination of the existing permit and issuance of a new permit. Although you can locate the form FS-2700-3a online, I recommend that you contact your permit administrator about getting the current form and informing him or her of the change of ownership. You'll need to show cabin ownership, either a title or court document showing the change of ownership is completed. Also, when there is a change of ownership, you are required to pay a Transfer Fee. This is approximately $1200 indexed with inflation annually. See our Transfer Fee Guidelines for more information; go to Resources->Permit Fees and then look for the document links at the bottom.
by S. Leach
Monday, April 22, 2019
Advice for meeting with local ranger on rebuilding after fire 1 D. La Maggiore Losing a cabin to fire is a tough experience and I understand that the process and meetings you are describing can happen quickly, before anyone has time to mourn. Although rebuilding after a fire has many local implications and even counties have a role to play, NFH as a national association has been working with local cabin owners to develop our association's knowledge of post-fire actions and experiences.  For example, when the Stanislaus NF and Tuolumne County worked on clean-up assistance together with those who lost cabins in the Donnell Fire 2018, NFH shared that tip with cabin owners who lost cabins in the Holy Fire (also 2018) in the Cleveland NF .The circumstances can vary, but click here to see our After a Fire FAQ and learn more. If you or another cabin owner you know go through a fire and would like the national organization to provide any support in navigating the aftermath or you have questions about how to prepare for fire, please give me a call or email me. Sharon Leach, Executive Director, 800-669-9971.
by S. Leach
Monday, April 22, 2019
Permit Fees 2 K. Shea Thank you for that information!
by K. Shea
Saturday, April 20, 2019