Latest News
Forest Watch Forum Introduction
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

2/26/2013 at 7:28:05 PM GMT
Forest Watch Forum Introduction

Cabin break-ins are an all too common occurance for many tracts, but what can be done about it?

One idea that was presented at the 2012 NFH convention by Paula Hoiland is to create a sort of "Neighborhood Watch" program call "Forest Watch"  that informs tract cabin owners of what all they can do to reduce cabin breakins.   Gates are always useful, but a sign on a gate that informs potential theives that this area is being monitored helps deter.   We don't see this as a way to stop break-ins completely, but hopefull will reduce the number of break-ins and with better reporting will allow the local sheriff's department a better chance to catch the theives. 

We'll be posting more information on this program shortly.   Please feel free to post your questions concerning the Forest Watch program here and the monitors will do our best to get answers for you.

Dave

Last edited Friday, March 1, 2013
3/1/2013 at 4:12:55 AM GMT
A moderator has removed this post.
5/14/2013 at 2:39:06 PM GMT
Forest Watch

I created a Forest Watch Program while President of the Oregon Forest Homeowners Association. I still have a few signs, window stickers and program workbook which I would be happy to share or donate to NFH. Let me know if there is interest.

-Chris Eames

6/8/2015 at 5:12:53 AM GMT
Cabin security in Forest Watch areas

Greetings,

how has the Forest Watch program been working?  Has it made some impact?

We are in Holy Jim and Trabuco Canyons tract of Cleveland NF, Orange Co, CA.  Recent activity levels have increased here lately.  We are looking for solutions to increasing theft, vandalism, and illegal bonfires.

Thank-you in advance for any input you can provide regarding your program.

Regards,

Leslee Riddell